The following positions are currently open at MagArray.
MagArray, Inc. seeks a production technician with experience and interest in product development to join our growing medical diagnostics development team. We have developed a simple, ultra-sensitive, multiplex immunoassay system using a proprietary sensing technology. Originating from Stanford University, the MagArray core technology brings new levels of sensitivity and ease of use to immunoassays through the innovative application of magnetic nanotags and giant magnetoresistance (GMR) sensors. This exciting technology combines traditional immunoassay development with integrated circuit design and nanofabrication. The company is backed by stable funding and has entered a period of accelerated growth to develop and launch diagnostic tests and services. We are looking for an energetic individual with experience in accurately following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) to meet medical device regulations in the production of immunoassay components and in developing scalable and robust product designs and manufacturing processes.
The role of the production technician is integral to the MagArray medical diagnostic product development process. The production technician will prepare MagArray assay kit components (diluents, antibody conjugates, protein solutions, etc.) and drive the completion of formulations and processes into verifiable and validated manufacturing procedures. They will also contribute to the product development team to research, characterize, and optimize assay configurations and reagents.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Accurately following procedures to make and test immunoassay kit components meeting GMP regulations:
- Protein conjugations and labeling
- GMR chip modifications and reagent arrays
- Calibrators and controls
- Assay diluents and wash solutions
- Testing human blood samples
- Presentation of work results, analyses, and reports at departmental and company meetings
- Documentation and record keeping following company policies and SOPs
- Monitor the usage and help maintain the stock of lab supplies and kit components
- General lab duties such as common reagent prep, cleaning, shipping, and receiving
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- BS or MS in biological sciences, preferably in biochemistry, immunology, cell or molecular biology
- 2-5 Years of medical product development or production experience within a regulated industrial lab setting
- Experience working in a GMP environment in the biotechnology industry
- Able to maintain a high level of focus and discipline in a production environment
- Detail oriented and possessing good observational and analytical skills
- Experience and interest in medical diagnostic product development: design and execution of research, characterization, and optimization studies
- Function with a high degree of independence
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The GMP production technician position requires an ability to frequently sit or stand and to talk and hear. Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials. The position involves spending extensive time at a lab bench, with complicated instrumentation, and at computer terminals setting up assays, preparing materials, analyzing data, and preparing reports and presentations. Frequently, the employee will be required to use their hands to pipette precisely, handle small device components, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, and occasionally handle heavy jars/totes and gas cylinders. Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.